Customer Service Rep - Bilingual Translator
At Sentry, we're looking for a customer service oriented individual to join our team as a Customer Service Rep – Bilingual Translator. In this position, you'll have a critical role in answering incoming calls from our claimants, insureds, and others to record first notice of loss notes for our claims team.
If you’re looking for a part-time position to build upon your customer service skills while utilizing your strong phone experience in a professional, fast-paced, and supportive environment, then take the next step towards joining Sentry!
To meet the needs of our customers, we're looking for availability during the following times:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Schedule are based on your availability and business needs and are created two week in advance. Shifts can vary from 3 hours to 8 hours.
What You'll Do
As a Bilingual Customer Service Rep, you’ll work within our First Notice of Loss call center, being the first phone contact with our customers when they call in to report a loss. Additionally, you’ll:
- Handle a high volume of incoming phone calls from our customers
- Document information provided into our system while speaking with the customer
- Provide excellent customer service
- Obtain and record necessary information from customers for first notice of loss reports
- Professionally respond to customer requests and inquiries while adjusting to varying situations and customers
- Utilize additional communication channels within our Contact Center, such as email, fax, and digital
What it Takes
- High School Diploma/GED
- Call center experience or a customer service background preferred
- Professional communication skills in English & Spanish, both verbally and written
- Ability to multi-task, remain organized, and communicate effectively both oral and written
- Effective listening skills and the ability to summarize provided information
- Good working knowledge of PC based computers and Microsoft Office
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.