Claims Representative - Entry Level
You have a passion for helping customers, while working in a fast-paced environment. You're determined to use your quick-thinking, multi-tasking skills to provide quality claims service to our auto customers. Does this sound like a career you'd enjoy? If you're looking to start your career in the lines of insurance, then join us as an Entry Level Claims Rep!
What You'll Do
- Verify that coverage exists
- Investigate and gather information about claims by contacting all parties involved
- Accurately document all decisions, correspondences, reports and discussions
- Gain experience in determining liability and setting reserves
- Evaluate your investigations to make decisions about the claims
- Learn about determining if subrogation exists and taking steps necessary for recovery
- Resolve claims in the best interest of the insured, claimant and Sentry
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of related insurance or coursework beneficial
- Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payments procedures and familiarity with medical terminology preferred
- The desire, ability and interpersonal savvy to handle a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Effective oral and written communication and human relation skills
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- Effective computer skills
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Once you complete the online employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.