Groundskeeper - SentryWorld Golf Course
At SentryWorld, the very best parts of our business come from our very own backyard. All across our company we work to cultivate homegrown talent; people like you who are curious, hardworking, and always looking to improve. The Sentry Services Hospitality Group is seeking energetic and enthusiastic Groundskeepers for the 2019 golf season at SentryWorld! A professional and friendly demeanor is essential.
If you think you'd a good fit, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
As a Groundskeeper, we entrust in you to be a top contributor to our guest’s experience by:
- Performing maintenance of lawns and grounds to enhance the appearance of Sentry facilities including mowing, using power and hand operated equipment, hand clipping inaccessible areas, edging, mulching, fertilizing, weeding, thatching, aerifying, and top dressing.
- Preparing planting areas by cultivating, fertilizing and mulching. Planting and maintaining annual and perennial plant selections by feeding, watering, weeding, applying appropriate pesticides, etc.
- Transplanting, bracing, and pruning trees and shrubs to shape as needed.
- Removing dead or damaged material, mulches, edges, anchors, etc., utilizing accepted practices.
- Performance of other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills and degree of responsibility commensurate with assigned level.
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Related experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment applicable to the job.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems, ability to perform mechanical repairs, and familiarity with plant/tree pests and diseases preferred, but not required.
- Available to work irregular hours/days to meet deadlines or accommodate weather conditions, which may be flexible up to 40 hours per week.
What You'll Receive
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Employee Discounted Meals and Golf
- Access to Sentry’s Fitness Center
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.