Pro Shop Attendant
At Sentry, the very best parts of our business come from our very own backyard. All across our company we work to cultivate homegrown talent; people like you who are curious, hardworking, and always looking to improve. The Sentry Services Hospitality Group is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Pro Shop Attendant for the 2019 golf season at SentryWorld! A professional and friendly demeanor is essential.
We are looking for someone that is focused, driven, and has a passion for the golf industry and customer service! If you think you are a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
In this customer facing role, you will ensure our guests receive a world-class customer service experience including;
- Welcome guests and customers
- Assist customers in the Pro Shop and answer questions regarding merchandise
- Perform cashiering duties in the Pro Shop
- Answer Pro Shop telephones and take golf reservations
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, and presentable Pro Shop
- Check in golfers and stay in communication with outside service staff, starters, player assistants, and beverage carts
- Assist the golf professional team and outside golf operations with various duties as needed
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of golf.
- Excellent listening and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a "customer first" mentality.
- Hours for this job may include working nights, weekends and holidays, which are flexible up to 40 hours per week.
What You'll Receive
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Discounted Meals
- Access to Sentry Fitness Center with a full basketball court, pool, common equipment, and group classes
- Eligibility for a quarterly bonus
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.