Business Support Specialist (Part-Time)
We're currently looking for an individual to join our team performing routine administrative duties related to the Claims Data Administration department; including performing document identification, data entry and validation functions, and miscellaneous administration duties.
This position is required to work onsite in Stevens Point, WI.
This position is categorized as less than 20 hours per week. Hours for this position are between 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Saturday. Shifts can vary from 3 hours to 8 hours. Our schedules are generated two weeks in advance and are based on your availability and the business needs.
What You'll Do
As a member of our Claims Data Administration team, you’ll:
- Perform various activities as they relate to the identification, data entry, and verification of claims related mail; this includes processes related to the handling of unidentified mail and items which are not conducive to scanning
- Perform data entry related to mail processing, including medical bills
- Be responsible for monitoring various systems and reports to ensure accuracy within the overall mail transaction process
- Perform quality control checks on scanned documents to ensure images have a high degree of clarity and readability
- Search and identify mail within the claims system and determines if mail is existing claim or First Notice of Loss (FNOL)
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Basic PC knowledge and skills beneficial
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter and verify data on a PC. Previous data entry experience beneficial
- Detail oriented
- Good organizational and communication skills
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.