Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Full-Time)
Would you like to work in a fun and supportive environment? Are you a good multi-tasker with great phone skills and enjoy helping others? If you answered yes to these questions you may be a good fit for one of our positions!
As a Bilingual Customer Service Specialist, you will play a critical part in providing service to insureds, claimants, and others relating to the first notice of loss reports. We’re looking for qualified candidates who will thrive on the front lines by providing stellar service to our customers over the phone.
To meet the needs of our customers, the hours for this position fall within Monday-Friday between 8:00am–7:00pm, and Saturday between 10:00am–5:00pm. Shifts can vary from 3 to 8 hours. Our schedules are generated two weeks in advance and are based on your availability and the business needs.
What You'll Do
As a Bilingual Customer Service Specialist, you’ll be the first phone contact with our customers when a loss occurs. In addition, you’ll:
- Respond to customers losses/inquires through multiple channels including telephone, email, fax, and digital channels in a cross functional Contact Center
- Provide extraordinary Customer Service to deepen our customer relationships
- Show empathy and active listening skills while responding to customers calmly
- Obtain the appropriate information from customers as you receive and record loss reports
- Communicate instructions to policyholders, claimants and others by providing them with the support and outcome that match their needs
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- High School degree or equivalent work experience
- Call center experience or a customer service background preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Effective listening skills and the ability to summarize information provided by our customers are essential
- Proficient computer skills
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.