Market Data Analyst
We care about our customer satisfaction and customer acquisition initiatives. This is why we are adding Market Data Analysts to our Personal Lines team to research unusual and meaningful outcomes or emerging trends to assist in the analysis, development and implementation of Personal Lines state-level strategies.
We are results driven with a focus on long-term results. You will help by evaluating the production and close ratios by distribution channel, marketing, competitor activity in assigned state(s) and contribute information to assist with data-driven business decisions that facilitate premium and profitable growth. This position may be filled as a Market Specialist or Market Specialist Senior depending on the selected candidate’s related experience and qualifications.
What You'll Do
Our strategic Market Specialists will conduct analyses and research that leads to influencing business decisions in such areas as financial performance, product pricing, business mix, market penetration, retention, closing ratios, competitor monitoring, claim trends and sales. You will also:
• Create, and modify as needed standard reports as well as customized analyses in support of meeting business unit targets.
• Evaluate the impact of program and process changes in key metrics such as expense management, profit, production, and retention. Develop tools and methods to monitor and evaluate financial and pricing impacts.
• Analyze trends in such areas as pricing, loss ratios, business mix, and other related areas for our personal lines auto and motorcycle products.
• Review agency and key account trends in quoting, new business, closing ratios, business mix, acquisition cost and profitability.
• Review and analyze competitor product and rate revisions. This includes updating state and competitor quarterly and annual data. Review competitor rate filings for the key competitors in a state. Analyze competitor premium and new business market penetration.
What it Takes
What you can bring to the table to be considered for this opportunity:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Degree in Business Management, Business Administration and/or Marketing. MBA degree preferred.
• 2+ years of related work experience, preferably in the P&C Insurance industry.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office with emphasis in Microsoft Excel. Experience with pivot tables and manipulating large data sets is required.
• Basic knowledge of data analysis tools, such as Tableau and SAS.
• Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills with proven ability to effectively communicate, develop relationships, and make data driven decisions.
• Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate findings in written, verbal and visual presentations.
• Ability to think creatively and demonstrate curiosity in the review of products/data.
• Ability to adapt to changing business environment, receptive to feedback and willingness to learn.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.