Sentry Insurance is seeking an IT professional to fulfill a Platform Administrator position within our Application Platform Services team. In this role, your core responsibilities include installation, maintenance, performance, and support of critical application and data delivery platforms that enable the Company’s IT operations. A significant focus will be on automation of many of the core tasks associated with these responsibilities.
In this position you will have the opportunity to explore a wide variety of technologies and work closely with infrastructure and application teams as well as management across the entire IT organization. Additionally, you will be part of a dedicated team of engineers that sit at the intersection of software engineering and IT infrastructure. If you have a passion for automating application delivery and making Information Technology the best it can be, we want to talk to you! This position can be filled as a Platform Administrator or Platform Engineer based on the selected candidate’s related experience and qualifications.
What You'll Do
• Collaborate in a team environment that insists on the highest standards with opportunities to continuously learn and improve yourself, the team, and the Company.
• Work closely with teammates to continuously improve solutions focused on providing consistent, reliable, and repeatable levels of service that empower our IT and business partners to deliver highly effective solutions.
• Support and enhance Sentry's application delivery solutions (both 3rd party and internally developed).
• Regularly engage with application development teams to assist with automated application and infrastructure deployments.
• Investigate and aid other infrastructure service areas when troubleshooting outages or performance issues.
What it Takes
• Competence in at least one major scripting technology (Python, Perl, Powershell, Ruby) and able to leverage these skills to automate repeatable tasks. Coding experience in .NET or Java is a plus
• Exposure to administering one or more of the following platforms: RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, F5, AWS ALB/ELB or other HTTP load balancers, IIS, or Tomcat.
• Exposure to continuous integration/continuous deployment solutions such as Jenkins, or Infrastructure-as-Code tooling (e.g. Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation) is a plus.
• The mindset of a lifelong learner with an eye toward continuous improvement.
• Experience in Cloud (AWS) computing is highly desired.
• Strong technical, analytical and communication skills.
• 0-2 years of related work experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.