Safety Services Consultant Senior
Sentry’s dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated and results driven individual to fill an open position in our Transportation Safety Services Division. As a Safety Services Consultant, you will deliver Safety Services to our business units with primary focus on our trucking book of business.
What You'll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of the Transportation Safety Consultant that would be located in the St. Louis, MO area with travel responsibilities mainly in MO,AR,MS,TN,KY,OH,IN,IL.
• Conduct onsite safety consultations to assigned clients while also evaluating underwriting acceptability
• Recommend safety enhancements and provide technical safety resources to customers
• Complete detailed reports to agents and underwriting regarding the account profile, risk improvement opportunities, and overall opinion of risk.
• Develop, coordinate and conduct safety seminars and training programs for customers to promote driver safety awareness and reduce claims
• Maintain and demonstrate expertise in areas such as FMCSA compliance, fleet safety, driver management, safety culture development, general liability, and cargo securement/protection.
What it Takes
• Bachelors degree preferred, emphasis in safety or related field
• Knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA Regulations
• A minimum of 5 plus years of advanced knowledge in safety in the trucking industry
• Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi-location accounts
• Safety designations including Certified Director of Safety (CDS) and willing to continue to pursue designations preferred
• High level of independence and self-motivation to work from home
• An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel over a large territory is required (75% travel)
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.