Solutions Architect Manager
Sentry is seeking a Solutions Architect Manager to direct and provide leadership to solution architects. In this role, you will provide technical vision and leadership for the improvement of business processes and have a significant level of autonomy and overall responsibility for setting technical direction for system and infrastructure projects and provide consulting on multiple complex system projects.
This is an exciting opportunity collaborate closely with IT Management and Project Management to ensure the company’s technology architecture evolves from the current state to keep pace with the company’s strategic direction and industry growth. You will also work across the enterprise within an agile software development and delivery environment.
What You'll Do
As a Solutions Architect Manager, you will:
• Provide technical vision for multiple project success.
• Evaluate emerging technology and enhances the organization's ability to utilize technology as a competitive advantage and point of differentiation in the market.
• Recommend technology solutions and designs to IT executive management.
• Research and recommends risk mitigation techniques.
• Consult and provides direction on multiple complex system projects.
• Direct team members with establishing project requirements, priorities and deadlines.
• Manage financial resources to assure conformance to the annual department budget
• Administer human resource-related activities including timely performance and salary reviews and ensures all subordinates adhere to human resources policies and practices. Select, develop, motivate, and recognize staff.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
• 5-8 years of related work experience.
• Leadership, team building, and communication skills (both written and oral).
• Ability to work in a matrix environment to educate and influence the actions of others.
• Exhibit a high level of leadership and the ability to understand complex information systems.
• Ability to deliver highly technical architecture visions clearly to non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to stay current with state-of-the-art trends in technology.
• Strong working knowledge of .Net and Java ecosystems.
• Advanced knowledge and awareness of cloud-oriented capabilities and architectures.
• Excellent communication skills and human relations skills.
• Insurance background considered a significant plus.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.