Safety Services Consultant Sr
Sentry’s dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated and results driven individual to fill an open position in our National Accounts Safety Services Division. As a Safety Services Consultant Senior, you will work with Corporate Risk Management, Safety Management, and Plant/Facility Management contacts as well as brokerage firms in WI or IL coordinating Safety and Industrial Hygiene Services for our causality line of business for our National Account customers (large deductible programs with insurance premium in excess of $500,000).
What You'll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of the National Account Safety Services Consultant Senior that would reside in Chicago, Illinois or Southwestern Wisconsin.
- Design, develop and manage Service Plans for large, multi-location National Accounts and coordinate service activities (casualty services) with other National Account consultants/staff specialists.
- Plan and deliver Safety/Risk Management services to our National Account customers to include Safety Program Assessments/Gap Analysis, Leadership Training, Program Development, Loss Analysis & Benchmarking and assistance in Safety Culture Development.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct safety training programs and seminars for insured and non-insured customers to educate management and elevate their understanding and awareness of safety, OSHA, loss potential and injury reduction techniques.
- Maintain proficient knowledge in all aspects of Safety Management Practices and demonstrate technical expertise in specialty area(s) such as Ergonomics, Behavior Based Safety, Accident Investigation Principles & Root Cause Analysis, Safety Culture Development, Metric Development, OSHA Compliance, Fleet Safety, and Product Liability.
- Provide supplemental Industrial Hygiene Services to include noise and air quality surveys (i.e. welding fumes, dust, organics, oil mist, IAQ, etc.) to support our Industrial Hygiene team and provide ongoing customer support on a National Account level.
- The National Account Safety Services Consultant Sr. enhances the client’s technical knowledge and expertise through professional seminars and topic research as advances occur.
What it Takes
- Four-year degree within Safety Sciences is required
- A minimum of 5 plus years of advanced knowledge in safety/industrial hygiene with a National Property & Casualty Insurance Carrier preferred
- Preferred experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi-location National Accounts
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or willingness to pursue is desired
- An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel is required (70% travel)
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.