Sentry's dedication to customers is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering resutls. We are currently seeking a results-driven underwriter with an appetite for meeting challenges and delivering results to fulfill a critical part in the creation of policies for our customers. As one of our premier Underwriters, you’ll review insurance applications and evaluate their potential risk to Sentry.
What You'll Do
As a commercial lines Underwriter you will work closely with our sales personnel in order to obtain information needed to underwrite, price and program individual policies/accounts. In addition you’ll:
• Utilize manuals, procedures and collected information to handle basic to complex underwriting assignments while referring business outside of authority limits
• Perform placement of basic reinsurance assignments
• Work closely with other business functions to ensure service and quality objectives are met
• Maintain privacy and confidentiality of policy holder information
• Travel to and communicate with insureds on present issues and opportunities
• Attend/partake in company/industry sponsored continuing education seminars
• May assist with training other underwriters on underwriting procedures
What it Takes
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
• 2 or more years of commercial insurance work experience
• Completed insurance courses such as IIA and/or CPCU beneficial
• Previous underwriting experience is desirable
• Prior knowledge of underwriting systems and/or various software applications
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and human relations skills to provide exceptional customer service
• Ability to meet limited travel requirements
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Apryl Marti at 6186551707
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.