At Sentry, we understand Software Developers possess a unique combination of creativity and ability that can transform an idea into reality. And software—really good software—can not only help people, but can change an entire industry. That’s what we believe in and that’s what we do. We build the future of tomorrow, and if that’s your passion, then we want you to join our team. This position may be filled as an Associate Software Developer or a Software Developer depending on the related experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
What You'll Do
As a Software Developer, you’ll work with an enthusiastic team to design and create software, interface with vendors, and deliver strategic solutions using cutting edge technology. In addition, you’ll:
• Collaborate with a variety of associates in different roles and areas to design and deliver market differentiating software
• Leverage your experience to learn and apply a staggering array of new and established technologies which may include:
- Java / .NET
- MVC Frameworks
- Object/Relational Mapping Frameworks
- Visual Studio / Eclipse
- Web Services
- Design Patterns
- TFS / JIRA
What it Takes
• Have an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
• Have programming experience gained through an internship, coursework, or hands-on, professional-level work experience
• Have experience in .NET and/or Java application programming
• Have experience with developing applications
• Insurance industry experience is a plus
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.