PSI Auto Damage Appraiser (Work From Home Potential)
We're a people-focused business. And we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our customers. At Sentry, we believe people are our competitive advantage. We strive to attract, train and motivate our employees to keep Sentry as a market leader in our industry. We are committed to hiring people with the potential to excel. We are seeking an exceptionally organized individual in search of a fast paced work to fulfill our Photo Self Inspect Auto Damage Claims Appraiser position. This is a career opportunity where you’ll control loss expenses by monitoring physical damage claims and inspecting repair estimates. Working closely with dealerships and repair facilities you will help to ensure accurate and economical damage repair costs. The opportunity to potentially work-from-home is available.
What You'll Do
The PSI Auto Damage Appraiser establishes damage appraisals and valuations according to company guidelines. The appraiser’s responsibility is to:
• Write estimates and supplements to restore damaged vehicles to pre-loss condition based on photographs supplied by the vehicle owner or repair facility
• Thorough understanding of vehicle repair, parts costs, total loss classification and fraud detection
• Monitor and control rental expenses by managing the repair process
• Resolve issues with policyholders, claimants, or State Insurance Departments
What it Takes
• Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain state adjuster/appraiser licenses
• Thorough knowledge and experience in estimating automobile collision repairs
• 2-5 years of related work experience
• Body Shop/estimating or previous material damage appraiser experience
• Knowledge of claim processing and insurance coverage
• Acceptable motor vehicle record and the ability to meet travel requirements with limited notice
• Well-developed organizational, human relations and communication skills
• Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Apryl Marti at 6186551707
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.