Experienced Bodily Injury Adjuster - Potential Work from Home
We’re looking to staff Experienced Claims Reps in the Ricmond, VA area. The ideal reps are team players that have creativity, empathy, interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help!
In order to be fully considered for this position, you'll need to complete all three of the following steps:
1.) Complete an application, with your resume attached.
2.) Complete the online assessment, which will be emailed to you shortly after you apply.
3.) Complete the Montage Video Interview, which will be emailed to you within 2 hours after you apply.
What You'll Do
Our Claims Representatives ensure the delivery of quality claim service to our customers and other parties to a claim while protecting the assets of Sentry. You’ll do this by:
• Verifying that coverage exist
• Investigating and gathering information about claims by contacting all parties involved
• Documenting all decisions, correspondences, reports and discussions
• Gaining experience in determining liability and setting reserves
• Evaluating your investigations to make decisions about the claims
• Learning about determining if subrogation exists and taking steps necessary for recovery
• Resolving claims in the best interest of the insured, claimant and Sentry
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of related Non Standard Auto claims expertise
- 1-2 years of Bodily Injury, Senior Bodily Injury or Litigation Handling experience
- Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payment procedures and familiarity with medical terminology preferred
- Able to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- Able to review and interpret complex and detailed documents such as contracts, medical reports and insurance regulations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Personal computer and math skills beneficial
- Ability to pass the required coursework applicable to job duties
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Once you complete the online employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.