We are currently seeking individuals with an appetite for meeting challenges and delivering results to fulfill a critical part in the creation of policies for our customers. If you’re looking for a department and company to grow with, then you’ve come to the right place.We are currently staffing for an Underwriter Technician position. In this role you’ll handle a variety of tasks that support the review, acceptance and decline of new or renewal commercial business policies.
What You'll Do
The Underwriting Technician assists the Underwriters by supporting their daily operations. In addition you’ll:
• Receive and respond to telephone calls
• Maintain data systems, prepare reports, spreadsheets and files
• Participate in underwriting training sessions
• Calculate loss ratios, process mail, verify drivers, order audits and process policy changes
• Review loss control reports
• Correspond with customers, sales producers, independent agents, service offices, and bureaus to verify applicant information
• Perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties within the Underwriting unit
What it Takes
• Associate Degree or equivalent experience
• 0-2 years of previous experience and/or coursework
• Previous experience in an underwriting environment and/or previous rating experience
• High level of PC skills in programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and SCORPIO
• Familiarity with reinsurance terminology and processes beneficial
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to handle a high level of telephone calls
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Apryl Marti at 6186551707
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.