As one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the US, Sentry is committed to offering coverage at a competitive price and providing outstanding service and support. To provide our competitive products it takes an effective team. A State Manager is needed to design and coordinate the execution of Sentry’s state-level personal lines strategic plans to increase premium, profit and market share in multiple distribution channels.
We currently are seeking a self-motivated individual to take ownership of states’ revenue, profit, and customer experience results for Sentry’s personal lines products, so join our team as a State Manager. This position can be staffed as a State Manager I, II, or Senior depending on the skills and qualifications of the candidate.
What You'll Do
As a State Manager, you will develop and leverage expert knowledge of each state’s competitive, legal, and regulatory landscape to maximize opportunity for success. Additionally, you will:
• Revise and position Sentry’s personal lines products to increase premium, market share, and profit
• Prepare distribution channel-specific marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics, as well as revenue and profit projections
• Maintain close contact with marketing functions, sales, and agencies to understand the competitive environment and define key business strategies and target market segments for personal lines products
• Develop thorough customer understanding (agent and policyholder), identify system and procedural improvements that meet customer needs, and take ownership of state-level customer experience
What it Takes
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of related work experience including prior insurance and state management or product management experience
• Superior leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills with proven ability to effectively communicate, develop relationships, and make data driven decisions
• Strong interpersonal communication and analytical skills are essential
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.