Customer Research Manager
Sentry has a reputation for being highly attuned to customers, engaging with them, hearing what they have to say, and acting on what we learn. We’re looking for a customer research leader to help us live up to our reputation. As a member of the marketing management team, the Customer Research Manager will lead initiatives that focus on customer retention, improving the customer experience, and ensuring customer-driven decision making across the organization.
What You'll Do
As the Customer Research Manager, you’ll lead, motivate, and inspire others within a fast-paced, high-energy, creative environment. Additionally, you’ll:
• Be Sentry’s “thought leader” for the customer feedback process, develop our vision, and best practices
• Assist business in determining when customer research is needed. Determine optimal research approach for projects and advocate for that plan with internal stakeholders. Assist business units in creating customer personas, identifying customer needs and pain points
• Oversee and evolve customer experience (CX) survey program, analyzing findings and providing actionable recommendations to the business units
• Execute concise and meaningful reports, organize appropriate actions to be used in the development of marketing programs
• Provide leadership through the application of consumer insights and market trends
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other business units
• Select the appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques to meet a defined business objective
• Review the collected data, author reports and make business-oriented recommendations to appropriate business niches
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of related market research experience
• Proven ability to align research plans with business objectives and translate results into actionable items
• Marketing research project management experience including data analysis, interpretation, survey design, implementation and report writing
• Exceptional organizational, written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Experience with a wide array of product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.