Customer Service Representative (full-time)
At Sentry, our priority is providing exceptional customer service and we currently have an opening for you to join this exciting team. This is a great opportunity to start or grow your career in a fun, team-focused environment, while facing new challenges to develop professionally. We’re looking for qualified candidates who will thrive on the front lines by providing stellar service to our customers over the phone. Bring your strong critical thinking skills and a “can do” attitude to this fast-paced position.
Our customers often face concerns or questions outside of normal business hours. To meet this need, our call centers are open from 7am – 9pm Monday through Friday and Saturdays 7am – 6pm. As a Customer Service Representative, you will be a key factor in helping our customers by having flexibility to work during these hours.
Take the customer service skills you have acquired over the years to the next level or make a change and start down your new career path today with our growing team of Service Professionals at one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the U.S!
What You'll Do
As a Customer Service Representative, you’ll work within our Non-Standard Auto and Motorcycle customer call center to provide outstanding customer service by responding to inbound calls. Additionally, you’ll:
- Handle a high volume of phone calls from agents and customers
- Perform pre-underwriting screening
- Verify coverage, evaluate submitted bills, and authorize payments
- Advise customers of billing policies and procedures and process policy changes
- Resolve customer inquiries and maintain customer relations
- Complete administrative tasks and input customer information into databases for documentation
What it Takes
- High School degree or equivalent work experience
- Call center experience or a customer service background preferred
- High level of accuracy with data entry
- Capable of communicating difficult news
- Flexibility to work during call center hours, must be available to work until 9 pm during week days and have availability to work on Saturdays
- Ability to multi-task prioritizes, communicate effectively and remain organized
- Good working knowledge of PC based computers and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) skills a plus
- Underwriting and Rating knowledge beneficial
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.