Director - Corporate Communications & Media Relations
At Sentry, our in-it-to-win-it mentality helps us deliver long-term results. And we need leaders who have this same mentality, to help our teams stay on track and remain successful, while satisfying our customers’ expectations. We’re looking to hire a proven leader to provide strategic vision as Director - Corporate Communications & Media Relations reporting to the Chief Marketing & Brand Officer. In this role, you’ll establish strategic direction and oversee content development for internal and external communication programs across the organization to support business initiatives and advance Sentry’s brand positioning. You will also be accountable for devising integrated internal and external communication plans, media relations plans, and content to drive brand awareness and represent Sentry’s point of view.
What You'll Do
• Develop and direct implementation of internal and external strategic communication plans and content to support business objectives, build brand visibility and represent Sentry’s point of view
• Provide direction and counsel on communication strategies and content, media relations, crisis management, and messaging to senior management to assist them in understanding how effective communications and strategic media relations can help drive the business
• Create and implement strategic media relations plans and content that effectively leverage media outlets to support organizational objectives.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of business units and internal / external target audiences. Foster creative and innovative marketing approaches and materials that result in measurable outcomes.
• Design and oversee internal communications strategy and content to engage associates and create awareness of the organization’s mission, vision and business priorities. Manage content strategy for company’s intranet site
• Define delivery measurement for communications and brand awareness including key performance measures to gauge reach and effectiveness of communications strategies
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or a related field or equivalent relevant work experience. Master’s degree preferred
• 10+ years of related experience
• 5+ years of leadership experience including coaching, developing and managing through other leaders, as well as professional level direct reports
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead execution of strategic communication programs and plans with measurable results both internal and external across the organization
• Big picture thinker with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills while effectively maintaining a pulse on details
• Outstanding content development, writing, editing and counseling skills.
• Strong media relations skills, including proven experience as spokesperson. Experience in crisis/issues communications.
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Laura Johnson at 715/346-9096
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.