Executive Chef - PJ's Restaurant at SentryWorld
SentryWorld is seeking a culinary leader to manage the daily back-of-house operations for PJ’s Restaurant. This leader will be responsible in leading, managing, motivating and coaching our highly skilled kitchen staff to ensure the delivery of exceptional food service to all clients and guests at the #1 rated restaurant in Stevens Point, WI!
The Executive/Head Chef for PJ’s Restaurant is responsible for managing the back of the house operation, while leading an energized and inspired team. In reporting to and partnering directly with PJ's Restaurant General Manager, this role will be a key leader in creating and implementing trendsetting menu items, while ensuring proper and timely execution of food prep. This candidate will also use his/her culinary passion and background to continue to develop new ideas to enhance guest experience, and inspiring the PJ’s Restaurant team.
What You'll Do
- Oversees and controls the back-of-house operations for the assigned facility. Creates training manuals and menu specifications for kitchen staff to efficient and quality service. Establishes policies, service standards, objectives, and procedures that ensure customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Oversees food preparation for restaurant and special functions to ensure high quality meals.
- Collaborates with Restaurant General Manager to create lunch and dinner menus for assigned facility and maintains cycle menus. Researches, develops and implements new recipes and menu recommendations supporting the dining concept.
- Trains kitchen staff on food preparation and procedures to assure prompt, efficient and high-quality food processing, as well as cleanliness to meet state and local hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Tracks and maintains costs with tracking and maintaining costs for back-of-house to ensure operation within established budgets, and partners with the Restaurant General Manager in development of these processes.
- Orders food, beverages, and operational supplies for assigned facility. Maintains food inventory control, including proper storage and rotation methods to maximize food quality and elimination of waste. Maintains accurate monthly food and beverage inventory counts on a timely basis.
- Collaborates with the Sentry Services Sales and Banquet Team on food preparation and execution for special functions to ensure exceptional service is provided.
What it Takes
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of related work experience.
- Graduation from a culinary institute or equivalent experience in food purchasing and preparation.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe and TIPS Certification.
- Substantial coordination skills to organize the kitchen staff, and prepare and present of food within a short timeframe to large groups.
- Good human relations and communications skills.
- Hours for this job include working at night, on weekends and on holidays.
- Additional hours may be needed beyond the normally scheduled hours to prepare for banquets/special functions.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan - including Company Holidays
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Eligible for competitive Bonus program
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Jacqueline Schwartz at 715/346-8725
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.