Experienced Bodily Injury Claims Representative
We’re looking to staff Experienced Claims Reps in our Scottsdale, Arizona office! The ideal reps are team players that have creativity, empathy, interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help!
In order to be fully considered for this position, you'll need to complete all three of the following steps:
1.) Complete an application, with your resume attached.
2.) Complete the online assessment, which will be emailed to you shortly after you apply.
3.) Complete the Montage Video Interview, which will be emailed to you within 2 hours after you apply.
What You'll Do
Our Claims Representatives ensure the delivery of quality claim service to our customers and other parties to a claim while protecting the assets of Sentry. You’ll do this by:
• Verifying that coverage exist
• Investigating and gathering information about claims by contacting all parties involved
• Documenting all decisions, correspondences, reports and discussions
• Gaining experience in determining liability and setting reserves
• Evaluating your investigations to make decisions about the claims
• Learning about determining if subrogation exists and taking steps necessary for recovery
• Resolving claims in the best interest of the insured, claimant and Sentry
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years of related Non Standard Auto claims expertise
• 1-2 years of Bodily Injury, Senior Bodily Injury or Litigation Handling experience
• Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payment procedures and familiarity with medical terminology preferred
• Able to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
• Able to review and interpret complex and detailed documents such as contracts, medical reports and insurance regulations
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Able to maintain confidential information
• Personal computer and math skills beneficial
• Ability to pass the required coursework applicable to job duties
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Once you complete the online employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Kim Stark at 480/860-7327
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.