Human Resources Advisor - Field
The Talent Advisor is a key member of the Leadership team at Sentry and in the offices that they support. They take on many aspects of a generalist role in order to effectively work with field associates and become business partners within the organization.
What You'll Do
This position is responsible for sourcing and hiring talented insurance professionals through use of multiple recruiting tools, including the latest social media platforms. This position is also responsible for utilizing HR Best practices in development of associates including our management team, performance management, and engagement with the community events. This position will be responsible providing HR support to multiple Sentry office locations but will be stationed in our Strongs Avenue Sentry Office.
- Collaborates with CSC Directors and hiring managers in workforce planning, work place environment and associate relations.
- Partners with hiring management to develop recruitment plans, implement and manage recruitment activities, including the onboarding and ongoing acclimation of new hires.
- Manages the entire recruitment cycle from workforce planning needs, through the requisition process, the presentation of candidates, and pre-hire screens to final offer letter.
- Identify passive and active candidates through multiple channels including but not limited to job boards, LinkedIn, Facebook, CareerBuilder, Twitter and other social media and business oriented media.
- Is actively involved in associate performance which may entail the performance appraisal process, informal feedback, work plans and termination due to a performance issue.
- Recruits on multiple disparate positions simultaneously.
- Investigates associate issues and complaints in a timely, professional manner and responds to and resolves issues as appropriate.
- Engages in initiatives and programs which enhance the Associate Lifecycle while leveraging the Talent & Development team and resources.
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of recruiting and employee relations experience
- Insurance Industry experience helpful
- The ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work on a variety of projects at the same time
- Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification is desired
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently and efficiently.
- Excellent communication and human relation skills
- The ability to travel will be required.
What You'll Receive
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
- Generous Paid-Time Off - including Company Holidays
- 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent – immediate vesting
- Access to more than 100 certifications, designation and licensing courses
- Career advancement opportunities
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Javier Sotelo at 715/346-6742
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.