Java Programmer – Co-op Program
We’re looking to recruit talented professionals for our Java Programmer co-op program. In this program you’ll have the opportunity to work part time while attending classes and full time during the summers. This distinguished and cutting edge unit is a part of our Application Development team in Information Technology (IT).
What You'll Do
- Design, code, test and debug while maintaining programs
- Utilize and adhere to Sentry’s Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project management methodology
- Adhere to Sentry Information Technology standards and procedures
What it Takes
- Current full time college student
- Majoring in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- Ability to work between 12-19 hours per week during the school year with a minimum of 2-3 hour increments
- Ability to work 40 hours per week in the summer
- The desire to learn new technologies
- Sentry does not offer employment in this program to holders of F-1, J-1 and H-1 Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience
What You'll Receive
- Competitive compensation
- If eligible a 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent – immediate vesting
- Access to more than 100 certification, designation and IT certifications
- Automatic enrollment in our Sentry Work Life Resource Program
- The potential for full time employment upon graduation
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.