We are currently seeking result driven individuals to fulfill a critical part in the creation of policies for our customers. As one of our premier Underwriters, you’ll review insurance applications and evaluate their potential risk to Sentry.
What You'll Do
As a Business Products Underwriter you will work closely with our sales personnel in order to obtain information needed to underwrite, price and program individual policies/accounts. In addition you’ll:
- Utilize manuals, procedures and collected information to handle basic to complex underwriting assignments while referring business outside of authority limits
- Perform placement of basic reinsurance assignments
- Work closely with other business functions to ensure service and quality objectives are met
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of policy holder information
- Communicate with Account Managers and insureds on present issues and opportunities
- Attend/partake in company/industry sponsored continuing education seminars
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of commercial insurance work experience preferred.
- Completed insurance courses such as IIA and/or CPCU beneficial
- Previous underwriting experience is desirable
- Prior knowledge of underwriting systems and/or various software applications is beneficial
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and human relations skills to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to meet limited travel requirements
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Nicole Stroupe at NICOLE.STROUPE@SENTRY.COM
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.