Customer Service Claims Reporting Rep - Part Time - Bilingual Preferred
Would you like a part-time job working in a fun and supportive environment? Are you a good multi-tasker with great phone skills and enjoy helping others? If you answered yes to these questions you may be a good fit for one of our positions!
As a Customer Service Representative, you will play a critical part in providing service to insureds, claimants, and others relating to the first notice of loss reports. As Sentry’s promise to be there for our customers during their time of need, you’ll provide technical support for the processing of claims.
What You'll Do
As a member of Sentry’s Claims Contact Center you will be the first phone contract with our customer when a loss occurs. In addition, you will:
- Receive and record loss reports
- Provide instructions to policyholders, claimants and others on how to process a claim
- Identify policies
- Assist with processing claims
What it Takes
- Customer service experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Effective listening skills in addition to the ability to concisely summarize information provided by our customers are essential
- Ability and willingness to remain at your work station and follow a structured schedule are necessary to meet customer call volume requirements
- Previous insurance experience and/or coursework are beneficial
- Proficient computer skills
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Once you complete the online employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Kim Stark at
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.