Manager or Director - Individual Life Underwriting
Sentry Insurance is seeking an experienced Individual Life Underwriting management professional to lead our underwriting team in our Stevens Point, WI Home Office. If you have strong underwriting and leadership experience we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
As the Director of Individual Life Underwriting, you will provide underwriting leadership and direction for individual life and annuity products. Specifically, you will:
- Direct and oversee the individual life and annuity underwriting program for the organization
- Develop, implement, and evaluate underwriting policies, guidelines, standards, processes, and procedures
- Direct monitoring and auditing practices to assure adherence to established underwriting policy, process, procedures, and guidelines
- Monitor mortality, loss ratios, quality trends, and industry trends
- Oversee all reinsurance agreements for assigned lines of business
- Participate in new product development, enhancements, and pricing actions
Title and responsibilities are dependent upon qualifications and experience.
What it Takes
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent education and/or experience
- 5 – 8 plus years of related and increasingly more responsible work experience
- Knowledge and experience at a proficient level to successfully handle the underwriting decisions made by this position
- Previous Life underwriting experience and Life management experience preferred
- Completion of courses such as LOMA, ALU, and CLU
- Proficient knowledge of assigned product line insurance concepts and medical terminology
- Analytical ability to identify, evaluate, and develop procedures for specific problem resolution
- Excellent human relations and communications skills
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependant Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Karen Houdek, Human Resources at Karen.Houdek@sentry.com
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.